Dog Friendly Christmas Tree Treats (Recipe)
An easy step-by-step guide on how to bake your fluffy family members festive themed dog treats this Christmas (and all year round). Check it out!
Tis the most wonderful time of the year...
There's festive cheer, gift giving, Christmas music, Christmas paw-ties, much-needed family time and of course how could we forget...there's lots of juicy Christmas smells! We all know those noses will be eagerly sniffing around the Christmas tree, the kitchen and dining rooms this Christmas, so we've got a yummy dog fir-iendly tree treat recipe for your fluffy family members to enjoy too!
Here's a list of what you'll need to create your Christmas tree treats:
- 1 x cup of fine oatmeal
- 1 x cup of grated cheese
- 1 x egg
- 2 x large tbs smooth peanut butter
- Food processor
- Christmas tree cookie cutter (or an alternative festive themed cookie cutter)
Step by step instructions on how to cook your Christmas tree treats:
- Whizz the oats and cheese in a food processor
- Add the egg and peanut butter - whizz again until combined
- Roll out the mixture to about 1/4 inch thick
- Use a Christmas tree shaped cookie cutter or one of your choice to make your treats
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden
- Leave them to cool, then store in airtight containers for no more than 1 week
There you have some festive dog friendly treats for your pups, they'll be elf-fully greatful! Feel free to save and share this recipe so it's in your paw-ket for future Christmases, or you can use this recipe to make dog treats with different themed cookie cutters ALL YEAR ROUND - pawfect.
Wishing you all a very merry woof-mas and yappy New Year, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Nicky, Caroline & The Pups @ Pup Republic